Top Ten Cars to Watch at the Arizona Auctions
The annual Scottsdale auctions are known for attracting some of the world's finest cars each January. Here are ten cars to watch for the upcoming 2012 sales:
1: 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL alloy Gullwing offered by Gooding & Company, Scottsdale
Matching-numbers and never raced. One of 29 alloy Gullwings built.
2: 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay offerd by Barrett-Jackson, Scottsdale
The Most expensive postwar Bentley/Rolls-Royce ever built. More than 50 show wins and honors.
3. 1957 Ferrari 410 Superamerica offered by RM Auctions, Phoenix
The only Scaglietti-bodied 410 Superamerica. Pebble Beach award winner.
4. 1932 Packard Twin Six 905 Coupe Roadster offered by Gooding & Company, Scottsdale
From the estate of Thomas A. Moretti. Originally owned by Clark Gable
5. 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Cabriolet C offered by Bonhams, Scottsdale
Originally owned by Viscount de Salcedo Rios. Under same ownership since 1968.
6. 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 Street prototype offered by Russo and Steele, Scottsdale
Test Vehicle to guage customer interest in 427 models. Celebrity ownership history
7. 1948 Tucker Torpedo offered by Barrett-Jackson, Scottsdale
One of 51 Tuckers built. Restored.
8. 1959 BMW 507 Roadster offered by RM Auctions, Phoenix
9. 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 convertible offered by Russo and Steele, Scottsdale
One of 80 1968 L88s. Authenticating, original documentation and factory hard top included
10. 1974 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow offered by Bonhams, Scottsdale
Originally owned by Andy Warhol
* Mandatory field.